Endesa's CEO upbeat about $585-MM Nigerian LNG contract arbitration
(Reuters) - Endesa CEO Jose Bogas said he was optimistic about the outcome of a $585-MM arbitration case related to a price review of a long-term LNG supply contract in Nigeria.
"We believe we have a strong case, which leads us not to set aside any provision. That said, we have opened talks with Nigeria to see if we can reach an agreement," Bogas told reporters during a news conference to discuss the Spanish power utility's annual profit.
The arbitration case had already been disclosed in the company's financial documents, but the counterparty was unnamed and this is the first time that Endesa has said it is related to LNG from Nigeria.
Earlier on Wednesday, Chief Financial Officer Marco Palermo said the disputed contract was for 1 bcm of gas a year, expiring in 2026.
In November, Endesa was ordered to pay $570 million following an arbitration ruling over a LNG contract dispute with QatarEnergy.
The company, which had also expressed optimism about the arbitration with QatarEnergy, had said earlier on Wednesday the lower demand for natural gas and retail price decline had hurt its profitability in 2023.
Related News
- NeuVentus announces receipt of storage permits at its Texas Reliability Underground (TRU) hub salt cavern storage project
- WM announces new, modernized high-tech recycling and renewable gas facilities across U.S.
- Traverse Pipeline reaches final investment decision to transport natural gas between Agua Dulce and the Katy area
Related News

- Biogas in France: TotalEnergies starts its 2nd largest unit in Normandy
- ONEOK announces joint ventures with MPLX to build LPG export terminal at U.S. Gulf Coast location
- Ukraine plans to import 800 MMm3 of gas until April after Russian strikes
- Parker Hannifin joins iHAPC project to test H2 and argon for cleaner and more energy-efficient engine technologies
- India's BPCL signs LPG supply deal with Norway's Equinor
Comments