Iran says gas flow to Turkey halted after pipeline blast
(Reuters) The flow of Iranian natural gas to Turkey halted after an explosion hit a gas pipeline in eastern Turkey, a senior Iranian official told Iran's semi-official news agency Tasnim on Friday.
"Iran's gas flow to Turkey has temporarily stopped because of a blast by some opposition groups inside Turkey around 1830 GMT on Thursday night," Interior Ministry official Majid Aghai told Tasnim.
Sabotage is common on pipelines leading into Turkey from Iran and Iraq, where the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) armed group is based.
A two-year-old ceasefire between the PKK and the Turkish state collapsed in July last year, triggering renewed violence.
The PKK has fought a three-decade-old insurgency that has killed more than 40,000 people. It is designated a terrorist group by Turkey, the US and the EU.
Writing by Parisa Hafezi; Editing by Richard Pullin and Clarence Fernandez

- Biogas in France: TotalEnergies starts its 2nd largest unit in Normandy
- ONEOK announces joint ventures with MPLX to build LPG export terminal at U.S. Gulf Coast location
- Ukraine plans to import 800 MMm3 of gas until April after Russian strikes
- Parker Hannifin joins iHAPC project to test H2 and argon for cleaner and more energy-efficient engine technologies
- India's BPCL signs LPG supply deal with Norway's Equinor
Comments