Gas Processing & LNG is Produced by Gulf Publishing Holdings LLC



PetroChina, local firms start building Chongqing gas storage

BEIJING (Reuters) - PetroChina and local firms in southwestern Chongqing municipality started building a new underground storage for natural gas, as part of China’s efforts to boost supplies for the cleaner fuel, PetroChina’s parent CNPC said. 

The new facility, able to store 1.5 billion cubic meters of natural gas a year, will be built out of the depleting gas field Tongluoxia in mountainous Chongqing.

PetroChina and a strategic partner will take a combined 57 percent stake in the project and the remaining 43 percent will be taken up by a state-owned Chongqing firm as well as “private capitals”, CNPC said on its news portal.

It did not give details on the investment or names of the local firms.

Beijing has called state energy producers and local piped gas distributors to add storage facilities to cope with demand spikes, after a severe supply crunch last winter exposed the weak link in storages.

When completed in 2020, the Tongluoxia storage will be able to supply 9 million cubic meters of gas a day during peak demand season, enough to cover use by four million households, CNPC said.

Reporting by Chen Aizhu; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier

 


Copyright © 2018. All market data is provided by Barchart Solutions. Futures: at least a 10 minute delay. Information is provided 'as is' and solely for informational purposes, not for trading purposes or advice. To see all exchange delays and terms of use, please see disclaimer.

                                  CMEGroup                                     Icelogo

FEATURED COLUMNS

Editorial Comment
-Adrienne Blume
China is hosting the 19th International Conference and Exhibition on Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG2019) in Shanghai from 1–5 April—an appropriate choice of host country, given China’s increased appetite for natural gas.
EWAnalysis: Canada comes late to LNG; projects and prospects mixed
- Energy Web Atlas
Canada has abundant natural gas resources.
Executive Viewpoint: BHGE developing technology-driven solutions to reduce total cost of ownership
-Alberto Matucci
While BHGE recently won new orders for LNG projects, the company remains committed to differentiating the business, implementing solutions proven in LNG into other applications of the oil and gas value chain.
Industry Trends: Russia and US go head-to-head over EU gas market
-Eugene Gerden
Lower-cost Russian gas will likely continue to dominate the EU market in the coming years, despite the growth in oil prices, to which Russian gas prices are linked.


A New Approach to Large Medium Voltage Drives

Register Now

By attending this webinar, you will learn the benefits of using a single-channel, Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) solution for applications above 9,000Hp with operating voltages from 11kV to 13.8kV. We will explore a VFD solution that does not require a step-up output transformer but still provides maximum control, environmental and motor flexibility to the end user. We will also discuss how to provide maximum reliability using power cell redundancy and the removal of water cooled components. The topics covered in the webinar include:
•A brief review of the multi-cell M2C topology
•A review of the physical implementation and the advantages it offers to the end user
•A presentation of the various implementations and ratings available for use on typical pump, compressor and fan applications.

May 7, 2019 10:00 AM CDT

Register Now

 

Please read our Term and Conditions, Cookies Policy, and Privacy Policy before using the site. All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2019 Gulf Publishing Holdings LLC.